Pick up your brush and get painting with abstract artist Bernice Bing. This issue teaches kids about Bernice’s life, fine art, aspects of Chinese culture, and how to have self-awareness like Bernice through colorfully illustrated stories and engaging educational activities.
About Bernice Bing
Abstract Expressionist painter Bernice Bing was Chinese American, an activist, and a lesbian. She was known for her bold artwork and community programs that made art more accessible to everyone.
- Brimming with colorful and creative art projects, and ways to practice mindfulness
- Features the work of over 15 talented artists, writers, and photographers, including an illustrated cover by Faye Guanipa
- Encourages kids to have self-awareness
- Soft-touch matte cover, 64 full-color pages; 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)
Want more Bernice Bing items?
- Get the digital Bernice Bing Companion Guide that’s packed with educational resources that go hand-in-hand with the issue. It also contains all issue activity pages.
We designed Bravery for kids ages 6-12, but really it’s for everyone.